Over the past year I've been making a conscious effort to take more time to myself. I decided to only do things that truly bring me joy and to only spend time with people that lift me up. I can say, without a doubt that my effort paid off. After eliminating toxic people from my life, and becoming a more centered person, I feel 100 times happier and more peaceful than I did a year ago. Some changes are easy to make, while others are more difficult and take time. Here are a few things that you can do today that will help you live a more joyful and centered life.
10. Drink tea and catch up with a friend. Either on the phone or in person, it’s always nice to sit down with a cup of tea and a good friend.
9. Go for a walk and admire the fall colors.
8. Take a cat nap. A short nap will energize you. Some experts recommend having a cup of coffee before your nap so the caffeine kicks in just as you are waking up.
7. Stretch or practice yoga. Master a few poses that focus on areas that need attention.
6. Blog hop. Visit a few of your favorite blogs and also discover some new favorites. If you prefer to step away from the computer, find a great book.
5. Write a letter to a family member or friend. Letter writing is a lost art!
4. Have a glass of wine and a piece of dark chocolate. Bonus points if you do this while watching the sunset!
3. Take a warm bubble bath.
2. Create a beautiful flower arrangement. Pick up flowers from the farmers market or your front yard. Add some fall foliage and create something that reflects the season.
1. Light a candle and do nothing. Just be.
As we approach the holiday season, it is particularly important to remember YOURSELF. It's easy to get caught up in the season and forget about taking time to decompress and center yourself. As a gift to yourself this holiday season, please put aside time to focus on YOU.