I'm always sad when Summer ends. This year, I'm particularly dissapointed since I feel like we missed out on quite a few of our normal Summer activities. This Summer was so busy for us that we blinked and missed it! Luckily, we live in California, where Autumn is beautiful and usually has pretty nice weather. Even so, here are the Top 5 things that I will miss about the beautiful Summer weather . . .
1. Summer Nights. We entertain a lot and it's so nice when we can sit outside for hours, drinking wine and playing games. Whether we are in our pool, our hot tub, or lounging on the patio, we always enjoy our time spent outside on warm Summer nights.
2. Heirloom Tomatoes. Really, I can't think of a better Summer treat. In salads or on their own, I crave Heirloom Tomatoes in the Summertime.
3. Beach Days! Lazy days spent on the beach is something that I look forward to every single Summer.
4. Summer Picnics. Yes, my favorite Summer activity. Anytime we have a free day, I suggest having a picnic. A bottle of wine, fresh Summer produce, some cheese and a baguette. Along with a great picnic blanket and some music, what's not to love?
5. Summer Soirees. A Summer party is a party I want to be invited to! Cocktail parties, weddings, pool parties, impromptu dinner parties . . . they all sound good to me!
What is your favorite thing about Summer? What will you miss the most? And what will you not miss at all?
Please click on the photos to be taken to the original source.